Thursday, January 31, 2008

Happy Lunar New Year of the rat

This will be the last post.....of the Year of the Golden PIG!! *oinks* It has been a good year! YEar of the RAt.. give me more marnee!! loads!! heehe!!

Wishing everyone happy new year so early because I will be going overseas tomorrow!! Wee! cant wait!! With the trip, the gatherings when i am back and all the wondrous food i gonna stuff myself with, it will probably be quite a couple of weeks before i blog again! Dun miss me!! :p!

Some pre CNY preparations to share...

Went to my aunt's place during the weekend to help her to make pineapple tarts. Actually, she was making for us, so what we mainly did was shape the tarts.. quite fun! (psstt~...my cookies factory kinda stopped... too busy and too lazy... Unreliable factory! keke!)


She was making the "covered" kind of pineapple tarts. It was my first time rolling the tarts into the shape.. so the few few of mine turns out a bit fat, then a bit long, then a bit too skinny until i got the consistency! haha! Fun!!
IMG_9447

But i love the open tarts kind! So kind aunt went to make a new dough for the open kind. This was more fun! using the cookie cutter. I had fun luffing at my sister who made really ugly ones! Actually , mine was pretty ugly too.. haha.. there were differences in the thickness of the tarts.


IMG_9446

When the tarts were done, it was ready to pack in those red cover transparent container. I asked my auntie if she have those round lining or i can cut out square ones for her. She then teach me how to cut out a round shape out of normal baking sheets!! Basically, u have a square shaped paper ard the size of the container and keep folding in halfs until u cannot fold anymore. After that, use a scissors and snip the top off. N wah la! u get an almost round lining! I felt so stopid after that! haha! it seems like something so common sense and i felt so in awe seeing her do it. Old ginger are still spicer! haha! there's always something to learn!


IMG_9452 IMG_9453
IMG_9454

----------------------------------------------------------------------

My dad decorated the house like shopping centre again! he really loves decorating the house up for the festive season! Mum complain we look like those shops in chinatown selling decorations. haha!!

Some photos to share..



IMG_9465

IMG_9464 IMG_9470

IMG_9473

IMG_9460
I really hate to use flash!! The colour is all wrong! But the wind was so strong and keep blowing the angbaos decorations causing my pics to come out blur! fed up! haha

IMG_9484

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
COLLECT TONS OF ANGBAO!
SHARE SOME WITH ME AFTER THAT OK??



IMG_9457

IMG_9455

No comments: