Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Yummy "Canadian" Food

Mad woman me is baking.....for CNY! On Leave tomolo! i mean today! very fwee right? Waiting for my cookies to cool..... so here i m, blogging!!

We had a family fwen from Canada who came to visit us last weekend. Keep hearing frm relatives who have been to Canada that he cooks really well and makes the best salad!

He kindly whipped up a delicious meal for us! Greedy me jus took pics of his yummy food instead of helping out!!!

IMG_9339
When I saw this salad, i thot it looks pretty normal. Nothing special. Jus different veggies, tangerines and grapes... UNTIL....

IMG_9342
he added his special sauce! My goodness!! such an appetising salad!!!! Its sour, sweet, light and really appetising!! I couldnt stop eating! If mum made veggies like that all the time, she wuld never had the trouble of trying of getting me to eat them previously!!! He sae secret recipe... cannot divulge.... O WHY!!!

IMG_9340
NExt on the list... potato Salad!!! MMmmm!! yumz! Once again, secret! All i noe its potato, mayo and egg! HAha!

IMG_9344
CLosed-up!! I am jus having fun taking pics! Haha!

IMG_9343
Cream of mushroom soup! Everyone loves it! I jus thot it is a bit too creamy for my taste but it seems the rest loves the thick soup!

IMG_9346
Lontong made by my auntie. SHe complains the canadian relative is stealing her "business", everyone was too busy eating his!

N CHeck out his bbq food!!!..... RESTAURENT CLASS!! Pity i was not into meat that day. Tasted abit.... they were GREAT!!

Some pics to share!

IMG_9361

IMG_9365

IMG_9368

My bbq pics still kinda sux... sad...

time to pack cookies!

No comments: