Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Fork Chocolate Biscuit.

Did some baking after dinner today. Wanted to bake in the afternoon but i had to go fetch mum so was kinda worried that i wun have enuff time to complete. After the good recipe i discovered the last time, i decided to browse thru the other magazines again hoping to chance upon another easy and good recipe.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Found it in this magazine. Got to take a pic of it so i noe which magazine to refer to when i wanna bake this again. There are jus so many of them. I am gonna bake Fork Chocolate Biscuit as u can see from the pic on the right. You shld have figure out by now y there is a 'Fork' in the name of the biscuits (the fork imprints on it..duh!)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
WHat made me choose this recipe? The simplicity in its ingredients and steps! I am a beginner! Of cos i look out for simple recipes! *grins*
The ingredients for today (as seen in the pic):

  1. 100g of sugar
  2. 100g of butter
  3. 150g self-raising flour
  4. pinch of salt
  5. 2 1/2 tablespoon of cocoa powder

Does sound like its gonna be easy, doesnt it?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
My 150g of flour on the weighing machine plus the cocoa powder and the pinch of salt. These have to be sifted. I am lazy...i sift it jus before i mix it into the mixture.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Put the butter and sugar in a big bowl. Cream both of them together till they are light and fluffy as seen on the pic on the right.
Surprisely, it didnt take as much effort as it did previously! I have become stronger?! good stuffs! 1 hand muscle! Yikes!
Tip: cutting the butter into smaller cubes makes it easier to cream them together

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Now, Blend in the sifted flour into your light and fluffy mixuture!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Here how it looks after adding all the sifted flour,cocoa and salt. It seems kinda dry. Was suppose to blend them well till the mixture sticks together.
If u have any stopid comments of the way it looks, keep it to yrself please. It looks so dry...got me worried.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I decided to use my hands in the end after several attempts with fork and spoon to make the mixture stick together. Mixture feels really dry and it crumples...manage to make a dough out of it in the end. Hands are good! Some advice though...cut yr nails before u do things like that! :)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Now we are ready to bake. Form the mixture into balls of walnut size and put them on prepared tray. I mafe them quite small because i was afraid it will expand like previous biscuits i have made. Then use a fork and flatten each little ball slightly. Nice patterns the fork made right?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
After flattening several balls of mixture, i finally discovered how to flatten them without the fork sticking to the ball. I feel smart! But i think every1 will think its simply common sense. First, flatten the ball as seen in the pic and then slowly turn the fork outwards as seen in the second pic! U get yr pattern and yr fork wun get stuck to the mixture! (for those who dun understand i was trying to sae, i am sorry...i have a problem expressing....heehee)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
See how pretty the biscuit turn out to be jus by using a fork?!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

My biscuits! Piping hot out off the oven! Yes! they are smallie in size! i got cheated! haiz!Heaven is making a sport out of me. Never mind...consider them as bite size cookies then! hehe! small and cute~~ Oh...almost forgot...bake them for 8 mins in a heated oven at 190 deg celcuis!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I wet my pants!!! :'( ...while washing up lah...didnt pee in them! I am useless....wash dishes oso can make myself wet all over! haha! My shorts really looks like those ah pei boxers shorts! I love it! its comfy and pretty! and its 2 bucks! haha!

okie..time for the verdict of the cookies: taste like the chocolate cookie i made previously. Nothing special. I think the first batch wasnt really done coz a little soft in the centre. Tasted sane to me though. The second batch tasted jus right. Wonder y...both 8 mins. Perhaps i took so long to blend the mixture that the oven kinda cooled down before the first batch was put into it.

1 thing bad about baking cookies: They make pple fat! I am so not eating them! I will eat a few to taste how my products turn out to be. Gorging on them is a big No-No! I am fat already! Gwee is complaining! Told mum to bring to office for her colleagues! Else the four of us will end up like fat pigs trying to finish all that i baked.

No comments: