Monday, June 06, 2005

Learning to Cook Jap Curry

HEre goes.... My post on me cooking jap curry for my lunch! Mum did not complain anything! Means it wasnt bad~ MUm bought beef and sliced them for me ydae! haha! I think the next thing i need to learn to do is go marketing! or jus pick things up from supermarket! haha!


Bought this jap curry paste from NTUC few weeks ago!
I kinda like to eat Jap Curry.
Wings told me Jap curry is real easy to cook! Gif me the courage to try it out!


Following the instructions, I suppose to have onions too!
Sliced an onion...really sting my eye!! Sniff!!
Washed my hands immediatly after that!
Knowing me i prob rub my eyes with my onion hand and will die instantly!


Vegetables can be added as desired.
Went to peel 1 potatoe and cut it into cubes.
Cut and peel haf a carrot. Cut it to cubes too!
They look so pretty in the bowl!


The beef Mum got ready for me!
Planned to use 3/4 of it!


This is how the paste actually looks like.


Decided to cook half the packet of paste.
Cut it into little cubes so they can be dissolved easily later.


Jus as i was all ready to start, guess wat?
I read the instructions again and realise the onions are supposed to be choppeD!!
Taking the chopper...chop chop chop! My chopped onions!!


Cooking starts!!!
Put in my fav Garlic butter into the heated saucepan!!
Love the frangrant smell!! MMmmm!!


Throw in the chopped onions!
Stir-fry till the onions turns brown!


Throw in the beef!
As the beef supposed to be cubes instead of slice, i did a quick stirfry.


Once the beef turned slightly brown, the carrot and potatoes was thrown in.
Did a quick stirfry.


Poured in 1 cup odd of water!
Suppose to Simmer it for about 10 mins till the beef gets cooked.
Since my beef is sliced, i reckon it wun take long to cook!
I was more worried about my vegetables! haha!


Simmer Simmer Simmer!!


Take a well deserved drink while wating!

My new fav type of drink! Yougurt fruit drink!
Prefers Marigold's strawberry 1 though! YummieR!


Oh yeah! its done! Putting in the paste!!!


Stirring in the paste till it dissolves!!


Bringin the curry to the boil!!

Looks a lot like jap curry already right?!


Smells so good!

Ready to be served!!!


Serving suggestion: with noodles or rice!

So i decided to cook maggie noodles!
Rice takes too long!!


My cooked noodles!!!


Finally! FInal product!

Doesnt it look as good as that of a restaurent!
Verdict: Taste as yummy as it smells!!!


No comments: