Sunday, July 12, 2009

Crystal Jade's Steamboat buffet!

Crystal Jade has buffet? Crystal Jade has steamboat? Crystal Jade has steamboat buffet? Haha! Did you have the same thoughts as me? These were the questions in my mind when my husband told me he was going for a steamboat buffet at crystal Jade! I am sort of a fan of crystal Jade! I love their porridge.. I love their xiao long baos! It is 1 of those places that when I have craving..I can go there and have a meal by myself! (sounds abit sad right? but hard not to satisfy craving AND hard to make pple go sin with me jus because I have craving)

Anyway, this steamboat buffet thing is like kind of special. It only starts at 8.30pm and last until 1am. Wat special timing! Late dinner. And so far, I only know it is available at Holland V's La Mian Xiao Long Bao Outlet. It cost 19.80++ for weekdays.. for weekends, add an extra $2. And wats the best thing of its steamboat buffet? Free flow of xiao long baos!!!! Haha! Yum Yum! They also have free flow of drinks such as tea and barley inclusive in the buffet. Sounds like a good deal to me!


So I decided it was a perfect pigout place to meetup with my steamboat loving friends! These gals love going for mala hot pot! We haven go out for ages! Bugis was the usual place to go to satisfy mala hot pot cravings,

IMG_2352
Ticking orders.

IMG_2354
Our soup base.

The drawbacks to the crystal jade's steamboat is the lack of variety.. it does not have the usuals i love when I go for steamboat. Those that were lacking were fish glue, cockles, meatballs and quail eggs. And for prawns lovers, they will be sad to know that each person is only entitled to 100g of prawns. But I must say, their prawns are extremely fresh! sort of makes up for the lack of prawns! Quanlity vs quality!

Our complain that night was the power for the electric stove kept tripping.. ard 3-4 times. Not good for hungry pple waiting for food to be cooked. :p!

IMG_2368
Crazily stuffing our pot with food once power is back!

IMG_2367


The sliced beef was pretty good and fatty.. but it came so hard frozen! sad! Their la mian was good but made us full pretty fast! The xiao long bao's standard was maintained even if there were huge orders for them! They also have those sauce corner where u can make yr own sauce like those steamboat joint. I love the sauce i made! I majorly pour/threw everything that was there. Ha! Turns out great!

Overall, I feel its still worth to go there, esp if you are a huge crystal's jade xiao long bao fan!

IMG_2358
Xiao Long Baos! We had 5 'Long's of this!!!!!

IMG_2363
Me happy with xiao long bao!

No comments: