Monday, August 28, 2006

Reese's Chewy Chocolate Cookies

Managed to baked cookies sometime last month. Was in a really bad mood and decided that maybe some baking will liven up my spirit. If i not wrong, it really did manage to cheer me up after all the hard work.

I absolutely love Reese's chocolate peanut butter!!! So when i saw the Reese's peanut butter chips being sold in the supermarket. I jus simply got to buy it. It was lying in my cupboard for ages wating for me to bake them. Haha!

I then searched the Hershey's webbie for recipes and found this! 'Reese's Chewy Chocolate Cookies' and decided to bake it. I din realise the recipe was for the whole packet of peanut butter chips until i started measuring. So sad! I thot i could have kept like the half pack for me to munch on! haha!

In the end, i baked so many cookies that i could distribute them generously to my colleagues, BC's family and my family. Terrible!

I din really like the cookies i made this time. I found it too soft. I felt that 1-2 batches felt uncooked. N i din think loads of pple like it cause its kinda sweet and heaty! I mean its like chocolate + peanut butter chips wor! Anyway, i ate it for the peanut butter chips! Mmmm! yummy! haha!

It sures feel like I m losing touch. tsk tsk! useless!

The recipe is as follows:

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour (I only added 1 and a haf cup of sugar but it was still sweet to me! These angmo's the recipe is trying sweeten us to death)
3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-1/4 cups (2-1/2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1-2/3 cups (10-oz. pkg.) REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Directions:
1. Heat oven to 350?F. Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; set aside.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
2. Beat butter and sugar in large bowl with mixer until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. Stir in peanut butter chips. Drop by rounded teaspoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


3. Bake 8 to 9 minutes. (Do not overbake; cookies will be soft. They will puff while baking and flatten while cooling.) Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely. About 4-1/2 dozen cookies.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: