Monday, August 28, 2006

Big Ben's Pie!

Had these Big Ben's Pie ages ago! Pics were rotting in my mobile phone.

Big Ben's pie can be found at Swan lake avenue at Opera Estate. It's sure wierd to find such a nice pie shop hidden in a residential area.

Mei recommended me the "Steak and Guinness" pie from here ages ago. She said its really yummy! So 1 day after church, i recalled about it and bugged dad to drive me there. I din manage to find it the first time as I did not noe the exact road name. So went there the next week together with my mum( she is excited about anything that has to do with food) and gotten ourselves 4 pies to try.

We got a "Steak and Guinness", "Beef and mushroom", "Steak and kidney" and a "lamb" something. Haha!

I really love the brown sauce in the pie. My mum dun like them though. She thot they werent really fantastic while i feel its yummy! I only had the "Steak and Guinness" and "Beef and mushroom". I accidentally ate the "steak and kidney" and hated it! bleahz! hate the taste of kidney! I dun rem wat happened to the Lamb 1 though.

Then weeks later, I realise BC frequents the place often when he decided to bring me there for an afternoon snack. This time we had a beef and cheese pie at the shop itself! I love the mashed potato they served with the pie! yumz! I love the special rootbeer they serve there too! creamy taste! din manage to find it in any shop yet. :(

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The box!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The pies!!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
There is a marking on every pie to differentiate the fillings inside them!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The legend on the box tells you wat does each marking means! N there are heating instructions too! You can buy a chilled pie from them and keep in yr fridge and heat them up in the oven till u r ready to eat it!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My mushroom and beef pie!

No comments: