Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas Everyone!

It's a wet wet christmas eve! It has been raining since this morning! Non-Stop! Hope it will not dampen everyone's christmas spirit!

Did not buy any christmas presents for anybody this year. Off work, during work, there is so much things on my mind that time jus pass so fast that before I know it, its already christmas eve! Received quite a few in office. Feel kinda bad though. No wonder I feel kinda empty and lack christmas mood this year! But its ok! I am going to Midnight Mass tonight! It has been a while! Hope the rain will stop in time!

The annual christmas party with my friends this year is at my house once again. I guess from next year on, there will be less chances of gathering in my place.

I made sheperd's pie again. I wonder how many years already! haha! To my friends, they say they only get to eat it once a year. I also heated some frozen mushroom soup which my mum bought. it was surprisingly quite nice except watery.

Meiling bought ham and turkey again! haha! What to do? She is the one with the discount! She was the earliest this time round as we needed to heat up the big bird! Anyway, we had a big screwed up with the turkey sauce. It was quite a drama with the Cold Storage helpline. Thanks Mei to going down all the way again to get a new sauce.

Mel made clams and mussels! She cleaned the shells so well.. they were practically shining! haha!
She did this quite easily. She first fried the onions till translucent and add chopped garlic. Then she added the shells, added chicken stock, added white wine, abit of lemon juice and butter. With some chilli flakes and salt, the dish is done!!

IMG_1502

YX made mentaiko pasta! She always cook everything with the simplest and no mess way! So amazed. This is what she did. Remove the mentaiko from the sacs. Mixed it with butter, mayo and seaweed and keep aside. Cooked the pasta. And mix it in with the mix while the pasta is done. So EASY!! But she forgot to add soy sauce that day! haha! no wonder so bland!

IMG_1508

Audrey brought brownies and ice cream! Sherrie bought roast potatoes and chocolate fondue! Her roast potatoes is actually very nice! It is potatoes drowned in olive oil with loads of garlic, spice(not sure wat) and then baked till it has a nice crispy top. However, she came so late THAT we were all full by then. Good for me though. Got to eat it the next day! haha! Ju brought the drinks and wine and ice!

IMG_1515
Our table of food.

We had no entertainment though. watched 2 whole episodes of Harry potter! That is like 6 hours of Harry Potter! hahaa! I think we need to start playing charades or something or some drinking game! haha!

IMG_1523
The whole group enjoying their chocolate fondue.

IMG_1529
Our free log cake that came with the turkey!

And to end the night, we had our pressie exchange! I got a dark blue handbag from edc from Mel. We all thought it was black! haha!

No comments: