Saturday, January 17, 2009

Bean Curd Tart @ Le Cafe Confectionary

I was introduced to bean curd tart by TH jie. After I tried that first tart (i only got one.. :( ), I cannnot stop thinking of it! I absolutely love the smoothness and lightness of the filling! The crust was flavourful and "crispy" despite it being refrigerated.

I keep bugging BC since to drive me there and get them. :). When I have a craving, i must satisy it else I will be a very grouchy lady. Hehe! Yes, he brought me there eventually. When i reached the shop, there was stickers pasted all over their tarts picture, saying they will be producing them until after the CNY period. I guess they are busying making chinese new year cookie. I tried my luck and ask for a box of bean curd tart! ANd they had it!! Woo hoo! My first box of bean curd tarT!!! :)

IMG_1698

IMG_1697
8 tarts for $8. Reasonably priced!

IMG_1699
it was as heavenly as the first time I had it! Yum!

Coincidentally, the next day, Sunday Times introduced the tarts as 1 of the best food below $10 in Singapore! Making me crave for them again (No, i did not finish the 8 tarts by myself!. Only had 2!). So the following Friday I bugged BC to drive me there again, BUT this time round.. they really stopped the production!! Boo Hoo! Now i have to wait till the after CNY to get to eat them again!!! Sad!

You can check out their website at http://www.lecafe.com.sg/

They seem to have many other yummy goodies sold in their shop! THe pineapple tarts are supposed to be good too. Wonder if I should buy one bottle and try.... HMmm....

No comments: