Monday, November 23, 2009

Dim Sum @ Peach Blossom

Another dim sum session. This time to Peach Blossom @ Thomson Plaza. One of my colleague mentioned this place to me for pretty good dim sum.


The place was super crowded when we arrived there at 12pm. Thank goodness I made reservations earlier.

The dim sums were pretty decent. Fresh ingredients. Price-wise normal for restaurents.

IMG_2772

IMG_2774

IMG_2775

IMG_2779
红油抄手 - one of my most faved food but not that good here. Think the best place to serve this is still crystal jade!!

IMG_2780
carrot cake. soft..and relatively tasty. My favourite carrot cake is still from Ah Yat!

IMG_2781
char siew rice roll. so-so. The texture of the rice roll is not smooth and soft enough.

IMG_2782
the worst item of the day! fried wantan! yucks! tough and not tasty fillings.

What i love most was the char siew bao and the egg tart! Soft fluffy bao with moist char siew filling. Love the flakey frangrant crust of the egg tarts! The kids love the tarts. Little Tian ate like 4 himself! haha!


IMG_2783
She loves the egg tart!

IMG_2788
"I love my egg tart! No one takes it from me!"

IMG_2790
The last item of the day!! Nai Huang Bao!! Like finally!! Super runny!! But.. abit too watery for my liking.

Still in search of the perfect nai huang bao.. Recommendations anyone?!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I found a nice, healthier food in the website owner tau huay dessert which is low in sugar, you should really check it out! It's called Happy Boy and they have quite a few outlets. Their website is http://happyboybean.com.sg