Monday, November 30, 2009

Don Quijote Spanish Restaurant & Udders

Lorong Kilat.. somewhere near our place which we never explored. Don Quijote Spanish Restaurant -- Our Nov FWA(Food & Wine Appreciation) Venue!

IMG_2804
http://www.hungrygowhere.com/singapore/don_quijote_spanish_restaurant/

Spanish Food is not a common thing on my usual dining menu. Naturally, I was not sure what to expect and of course, what to order. Learnt a couple of new words though like tapas, Paella and sangrias.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tapas
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sangria
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paella

Sangria is like wine mixed with syrup and cut fruits! yumz yumz! Its sweet and fruity!! I am not a wine connoisseur like the rest of them so i knew since I love it.. those wine lovers will prob will not like it that much. hehe! I prefer Sangria to red wine anytime!


We ordered quite a few tapas dishes. They were pretty different but werent much to my liking.

I love it seafood dishes! Fresh and perfectly done. Seafood palleas had an abundance of prawns, clams and mussels. I totally adore the clams.. sweet, fat and juicy!

IMG_2805
Bread with garlic butter while waiting. Love the garlic butter!

IMG_2812
My yummy Sangria! We ordered the red. They also have white and sparkling white.

A few of the tapas we ordered:

IMG_2807
Spanish sausage which some said taste like chinese sausage! :|

IMG_2821
Egg wrapped salmon. Taste like egg wrapped salmon.. :P

IMG_2823
White cabbage wrapped glutinous rice and bacon bits.

IMG_2830
Scallop meat ball?

IMG_2828
Omelette with potato. BLAND!!!

IMG_2820
BIG FAT CLAMMIE with white wine garlic!! YUM YUM YUM!!

IMG_2817

IMG_2814
Seafood palleas! Check out the big prawns! and clams! The rice has been infused with the seafood flavours!

IMG_2827

IMG_2825
Scallop with bacon bits!! Its a different kind of scallop we usually have! Check out its pretty shell! Imagine this.. big fat succulent scallop oiled with a little bacon oil and topped with cripsy bacon bits.

IMG_2833
Squid Ink pasta.. the pasta was too thin to my liking that it makes it more like a bee hoon dish. On the other hand, if it was less dry and with a thicker pasta, i will prob love it.

IMG_2837
After dinner, we headed to the new famous ice cream joint around.. udders! I have only tried udders at home so far. Kindly packed by my sis in law! I love it's Hazel's nut! I hated its strawberry and green tea ice cream though! It was then that i learn that they serves ice cream in 3 grades. Classic, Premium and Connoisseur.
Hazel's Nut falls on the Connoisseur range wherelese green tea and strawberry under the classic. No wonder the great difference in standard!

The place was really packed that night. Our large group could not get a seat so we ate our ice cream jus outside the shop.

IMG_2840
Lychee Martini and Tiramisu. Shared with one of my friend. Lychee Martini was not fantastic. Daily Scoop is better. Tiramisu? THe liquer is strong! Smooth but kinda bitter!

IMG_2841
The one I shared with my husband. Yes. I am greedy! We had Mao Shan Wang and my all time favourite Hazel's nut. Mao Shan Wang was durian smelly! But tasted kinda like any other normal good quality durian ice cream. Hazel's nut was good as ever! like nutella in the form of ice cream! Rich, Smooth, Hazelnutty chocolatey!

No comments: