Monday, July 04, 2005

Burnt Butter Biscuit (as it shld be!)

Before i proceed with this post, i wanna do a public apology to mellie! The flour measurement i gave her for this recipe was wrong! I used the wrong flour measurement for myself too! I think my eyes need to see a doctor! No wonder i was wondering y the cookies looks so different! But the precious flat cookie was jus as yummy! My sister jus commented she prefer the flat 1. hehe!

For the steps, please refer back to the old post here .

Correct measurements are as follows:


  1. 175g of self raising flour
  2. 100g of sugar
  3. 100g of butter
  4. 1 large egg
  5. almond flakes (finally got some almonds!)


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This is how the dough really looks like! Not watery like the previous 1! Oppz!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Here you see it nicely rising in the oven and then the nicely brown final product! The smell of freshly baked biscuits is delicious!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Hehe! 3-D biscuits! The previous 1 i did was like totally flat! There are a few variation that i made to the biscuits. Some i jus lay some almond flakes on top for decorative purpose, some plain and the rest i mix more almond flakes in the dough. The almond flakes really makes the biscuits yummier! I definitely preferred those that have loads of almond flakes!

Though i made a mistake previously, it made me chance upon a delicious kind of biscuits too (mum term them as "cat's tongue"). Maybe i shld give the mistake another go and see how i can perfect it. This biscuit is nice too. I think i shld leave it in for 15 mins instead of 12 to make it more crispier.

My frn yixian baked more biscuits today again! i think she is hooked. She experimented new ways for her biscuits. She tried cashew and also adding chopped pistachio.... she saes the 1 with chopped pistachio is really good! So its really up to you to modify the recipes as to suit yr taste. I hope more pple will try them out too

No comments: