Thursday, August 16, 2007

Egg TartS! Major failure!

I tried baking egg tarts! Something different for a change. But it came out as an ultimate failure!! I mean the steps were pretty easy. Make pastry. Make custard. Line pastry in the tart case. Pour in custard. Bake! How hard is that?!!

I guess is the pastry part that fails me. The tart case were too small and soft. The pastry itself was too springy. It was so hard to shape the pastry into a tart in the tart case. The tart case became out of shape. I got pretty fed up after that.

it was not the worse thing. The worse thing to find out that my pastry was bubbling in oil in the oven. It looked like i was deep drying my tarts.

Wat a disappointment! 1 consolation was the custard part tasted rather ok. THe pastry felt like biscuit too. bleahz!

Feel so down and dissatisfied!!

IMG_7954
Got the recipe from my mum's cookbook. LOoks nice and decent, dun u think?

IMG_7939
Before getting my hands dirtee...

IMG_7940
Rubbed in the butter.

IMG_7941
After adding egg yolk & cold water

IMG_7942
The custard mixture!!

IMG_7945
bubbling oil!! What a scary sight!!!

IMG_7947
The look of it breaks my heart...

IMG_7952
Kinda look like portugese egg tart...


No comments: