Sunday, August 19, 2007

Honey caramel popcorn!

Been on a popcorn craze recently. Must be because movies is the only place to go these days. And popcorn is the best movie companion!
N browsing through the caramel corn post on 'the baker who cooks' blog tempts me to try it out on my own!!

I got my corn kernel ydae! Was so excited to work on it to realise i lack a crucial ingredient in makign caramel popcorn! COrn syrup! I really have no idea what corn syrup really is! This is why you shld always read yr recipe clearly and properly before setting out to do anything.

I really wanted to make some popcorn tonight so I kept searching for recipe! I was so glad to find a honey caramel pop corn recipe!!!!

http://www.recipegoldmine.com/popcornswe/popcornswe22.html

I am all geared to go!!!

IMG_7958
The popped corn! I use 1/2 cup of corn kernels & 3 tablespoon of olive oil. By right, i shld get 4 quarts of popped corn! I really have no idea abt convertint quarts to normal measurement. Anyway, i got alot of corn ended up unpop so i reckon i had 3 quarts of pop corn. Jus nice for me to half the recipe!!! SMart eh!!

IMG_7959
My caramel!!!!



IMG_7960
Mixing the popcorn with the caramel mixture.

IMG_7965
Gotta bake in the oven for an hour!!! Sooo Long to enjoy my corn!

IMG_7967
The delicious yummy end product!!


No regrets except that cleaning up sux big time!!!! hard to wash sticky gluey caramel off the pans!!!!


Honey Caramel Corn recipe
6 quarts popcorn (popped)
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup butter
1/2 cup honey
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 can peanuts (optional)

Bring to boil, stirring constantly for 5 minutes, the sugar, butter, honey and salt. Then add vanilla extract and baking soda. Put popcorn into a large pan sprayed with
cooking spray. Pour mixture onto popcorn and stir. Add peanuts, if desired.

Bake at 250 degrees F for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on wax paper to cool.

No comments: