Sunday, October 21, 2007

Meidi-ya & our little jap feast

Really quite sad that the pics for this entry will be kinda disappointing. It's about time for me to get a new camera phone. The pics always turn out kinda awful when there's bad lighting. Will love to have my camera with me 24/7 but jus too lazy!

Was waiting for my frn to pick me up from work but he was late and i ended early. So decided to go to my favourite supermarket to have a stroll! hehe! Then he smsed me to "sun bian" buy something from there to cook for dinner.

I love looking at the wide selection of fresh beef offered there! N then I found a packet of thinly sliced beef with sauce to make yakiniku don! I was so excited and grabbed that immediatly. I also picked out the pork to make katsu for it look so tempting and yummy!!! I really like the way they actually seperate the different cut of meat for different cooking purpose, like they actually list out the meat for bbq, sukiyaki and even for jap curry! Also, picked up bread crumbs for my katsu and our fav portabello mushrooms.

DSC01190
Woo! From the price tag, its call 'GYU DON' but it seems like 'Yakiniku Don' we order from restaurent too leh! Wonder whats the difference! To simplify, its 'Beef Bowl'! Ha!

DSC01192
Ignore the bad photography. Dun they look jus tempting?! HA!

DSC01194

DSC01193
Our Katsu! To be honest, Meat feels kinda tough to me too! haha! maybe its the way its suppose to be!

DSC01195
Our shrivelled up portabello mushrooms! Cooked in olive oil on the pan!

DSC01196
Our 'GYU' don!!! Again ignore the bad picture quality! I think it was pretty good!! Maybe because he is a good cook! But still! Yumz! Because the beef is so fresh!!! the sauce abit too sweet though! think we will have to do abit of modification in future! But high chance of buying it to cook it again! We already planned to complement it with golden mushrooms and 'dong fen' the next time round! It will be like the one that I had back in Melbourne!

We were stuffed crazy! too much food for 2 pple! Not cheap! But still! Worth it!

I wan to be a rich woman and shop Meidi-ya for my groceries in future! Haha! I gonna work doubly hard to earn for my food!!

No comments: