Sunday, October 28, 2007

Yakitori @ Kazu!

Yes! It's yakitori time again! This time, I got to try out the other place @ Cuppage Plaza! It's called Kazu, located at the 4th storey.

This place comes highly recommended from blogs and also from fwens who have been there before. You are recommended to make reservations and really early to have a place over there. We called ard 4 and the only time slots left for a party for 6 was like 6pm or 8.15pm. Thank goodness we were all not hungry tht day and opt for the later slot.

There were indeed much more varieties offered over here compared to Kushingen. Also, they have loads more other food to offer besides yakitoris.

We went ahead for a yakitori feast.

Bewarned of the overload of photos ahead! I might have some difficulties naming some of the items in the photos. Pardon me. Hees!

IMG_8761

IMG_8760
We were served Cabbage (I always have this difficulties differentiating btw cabbage and lettuce. So correct me if i'm wrong) and a special sauce to dig it in. We all love the sauce. I believe its made from miso. And the cabbage acts as a refreshing appetiser.

I think the purpose of the cabbage was to act as a distraction during the waiting time. They were so packed. It took quite a while for them to take our orders and also to serve our food. So clever! Else, the restaurent will be filled with loads of hungry angry customers.

IMG_8768
My Sweets got bored with waiting and decided to take an "artistic' shot. Geez!

IMG_8773
First dish! Let me think. I think its pork belly on the left. Beef on the right. Hees! Think the beef i had @ Kushin was better, but it was a different type so i guess i cant really compare.

IMG_8775
This is something Kushingen did not have! Pork wrapped golden mushroom! I adore golden mushroom! YUMZ!!

IMG_8777
Chicken heart & Chicken liver! 2 items that I normally do not eat! Jus try! Still did not like the taste of liver. Heart still ok!

IMG_8779
Pork wrapped asparagus. To me, I feel not much difference. US beef. A different texture i feel. Quite yumz leh! Then later, we realise its ox tongue which explains the difference in texture. MMmmm.... OX tongue...I like

IMG_8780
Scallop. QUite nice leh i feel. But Sweets sae the scallop not sweet enuff leh.

IMG_8782
Authentic japanese Cha Soba like downstairs. Half of us seems to still prefer Sushi's Tei cha soba. Haha!


IMG_8787
Sweets love this pic he took! Fish Liver! SUPER SUPER HEAVENLY!!! this is from a person (ME!) who hates liver!! Haha!

IMG_8792
But i think the pic i took nicer!! hehehe!

IMG_8790
Fishy Fishy! So pretty! But i dun rem if i ate it!

IMG_8789
MIxed tempura. Oiishi.. but photo blur.. :(

IMG_8794
On the left is some meatball like thing which i like. The other is pork wrapped avocado.

IMG_8795
Lamb Chops & Pork Belly + Garlic. Love the lamb. I still cannot forget the pork belly with garlic i had at Kushingen.

IMG_8797
Chicken Wings! Yums!!!

IMG_8801
Shitake Mushroom! I love mushrooms!

IMG_8803
Ox tongue (Japan). TOo chewy for my liking


IMG_8804
Brinjal. I dun eat brinjal. The rest saes its really sweet and good!

IMG_8805
Duck. Too ducky. Not so nice.

IMG_8806
Black Pork! Hehe! Nice!!!

IMG_8807
Foie Gras. Yx had this when she was here previously and raved about this!!! Now I noe why she cant stop toking abt it. It kinda melts in your mouth.HEee!!

IMG_8809
Lastly! Soft shell crab! i like this. Not oily like those normal jap restaurent. Only thing.. no crab roe. Hee!

IMG_8811
We are done for the night!!!


IMG_8812
Ended the night with some ice cream. Caramel ice cream. There's a bit burnt taste which i dun like. Sweets loved it!

Overall experience, we love this place. The food it serves is of good quality! Except that, we believe item comparison wise, the one at kushigen was nicer. But it has more varieties to offer.
However, the waiting time was really long! We took like 3 hours to finish our meal!! Sweets and I were suppose to catch a movie, already booked the tickets. But we decided in the end, there's no pt in rushing and decide to forsake the movie.

We thank for this wonderful treat!! Totally worth missing our movie!

No comments: