Sunday, October 21, 2007

Tom Ton

Finally got a chance to meet up with my ex-colleague, Selina for lunch! This gal is freaking busy all the time, from 'Working from home'. "GRRR~~" So unfair! haha!

Anyway, manage to convince her to meet me at Central to try out the restaurent, 'TomTon'. I have heard loads about the black pig's cutlet served from this place. I was pretty excited. I have heard abt black pig from some anime that Selina has loan me previously! Haha! She could relate to my excitedness over this meal!

However, the pork katsu was pretty pricey compared to normal pork katsu we have from japanese restaurents. I regret not ordering the premium cut pork katsu cause my fwen yx said it was heavenly! I think i had the loin cut. Both of us thot the meat was pretty tough but the breaded crust was really nice. I must admit though, the part with the fats was absolutely heavenly! haha!

I guess I had too high an expectation. I thot it will invoke a emotional reaction like that seen in the anime. haha! Anyway, I think I will give this another try! Try out the premium cut suggested by my fwen the next time round!

For those interested to try out black pig katsu (or black pig spicy ramen),
can check out their webbie:
http://www.cfc.com.sg/tomTon.htm

DSC01183

DSC01182
Our ebi salad!! This is good! love the seaweed inside! N i always love this mini ebi!

DSC01185
a piece of art.. but the meat abit too tuff for my liking (think it might be suppose to be like that)

DSC01187
To complement my pork katsu

No comments: