Sunday, March 23, 2008

Birthday Weekend!

It isn't my birthday yet but I have already celebrated it trice! Wee!!!

Last week, it was celebration with my best frns at Togi @ Siglap! This Togi branch fails in comparison to that of the one at Mosque Street. 1 thing,the rice cake ramen its not as nice. It doesnt even have egg and dumplings! I was craving so much for it. Such a disappointment. The other dishes were so-so.

We did a little touring of Singapore that afternoon. ha! Long story! We then headed out to Cedele @ Wheelock. Haha! I had a craving for its chocolate cake previously so yx suggested to get that as my birthday cake! yumz yumz!! Wat an enjoyable birthday! Thanks everyone for the treat!! and for spending it with me!

IMG_0538
Lucky to have so many pple to come and celebrate my birthday with me!

IMG_0540
My cake! yummy yummy!

Birthday 2
:)


And yesterday.... it was birthday lunch at The Line @ Shangri-la! hehe! Been wanting to try this ever since i heard it was like the best buffet in Singapore! Opted for lunch because I reckon it will be cheaper! haha! It was! The bill came up to $112 for the both of us! Meaning its around $48++ per person.

The food were not bad! They have a fantastic selection of cold appetisers. The oysters were huge and fresh! They have a wide variety of food for one to choose from. Some were good.. some were pretty ok. We tried to take abit of everything and was already stuffed by then. I think we are too old for buffet. I used to be able to eat much more. We reckoned we should continue to stick to ala carte.

IMG_0550
Huge oysters! So huge.. that 2 is enuff! 4 me! Ha !Yummy scallop!

IMG_0561
BC's artistic prawn pic. He say he is trying to bring out the "loneliness of the water lobster". Go figure!

IMG_0553
Sashimi and California handroll! Yummy yum!!

IMG_0555
Roast pork good! Duck.. so so..

IMG_0557
Snapshot of the indian food... the indian food is not as nice as the asian kitchen buffet @ hyatt...

IMG_0560
They have a counter where you can customised your own pasta. You jus point out the ingredients u wan and they will make it for u. Pretty much like those omelette counter when you go for those breakfast buffets. This is my sun-dried tomato, mushroom and bacon bits pasta tossed in olive oil! The waited added a bit too much garlic and oil. haha! But its a excellant combi! you should try at home!

IMG_0566 IMG_0567

IMG_0568
intricate desserts...

They have an ice cream corner with a good selection of ice creams instead of the usual vanilla, chocolate and strawberry flavours. And they have all sorts of toppings! you can even customise your own ice cream! They have all sorts of candies, chocolates and gummies for you to choose from! exciting eh~ They even have a crepe corner! amazing! the only challenge is how much can u stomach! I am quite sad that there were some dishes i had to forgo jus because I cant eat as much.

Then at night, we had a good dinner at Pu Tien @ Kitchener Road. The food there was pretty good but both of us were too stuffed to actually enjoy the food. I dunno the name of the type of cuisine they serve there. i guess its some part of china? hees! Its a really crowded place though. Amazing!

IMG_0576
Jus a pic with my mischevous little gal~ We were both wearing polka dot dresses that night!

and the night was spent with some of my good frns singing ktv! It has been a long time since we last met up as a group! N a super long time I sang KTV!

I had a beautiful cake! I dunno the name of the cake but i do noe its from Rive Gauche! It has a amazing nutty chocolately bottom crust!

I also had a super long birthday song! and 2 pressies! Weee!! Thanks for the delicious cake and wonderful time my frns! Love you guys!!

My creation
Dun count the number of candles on the cake!! Forever 21!!! HAHA~ who am i kidding?!

No comments: