Sunday, March 02, 2008

Kimchi soup!

My colleague who is into korean culture taught me how to make kimchi soup. I really liked the kimchi soup we had @ Togi. Also, the kimchi soup we had at the korean bbq place at Melbourne was kinda yummy.

My colleague told me that she did it in a really easy way. All you have to do is to fry some onion and the kimchi, then add a little water and bring it to a boil...and then some of the kimchi "water" (the kimchi 'gives out' water the longer u keep them) and some canned tuna.

She even told me to use those kimchi are about to spoil. The stronger the flavour the better...adds more flavour to the soup... she sae that's what most shop did with their leftover kimchis.

DSC00121
Onions and some leftover kimchi in my fridge...

DSC00122
frying onions and then the kimchi....

DSC00124
Add a some water.. else the soup will be too diluted.... and then pour in the kimchi water...


DSC00126
I was lazy to open a can of tuna so i added meatballs instead... and bring it to a boil.

The soup was not bad... there was the kimchi flavour.. except i find the soup lack a certain sweetness. I think if i added the tuna, i think it will taste quite good! my Home-made kimchi soup!

A yummy way to use my kimchi leftovers!

No comments: