Sunday, March 02, 2008

Hua Ting @ Orchard Hotel.

It's mummy's birthday! Brought her to Hua Ting for dim sum! My friends love this place and frequent there often. A place I have always been eagered to try but never had the chance to.

IMG_0514
Table setting...

IMG_0515
Chee Chong Fun! We had 2! this was the "mei cai rou bing" one.... so unique!! and i liked it!! The other one was scallops. Pretty good too!

IMG_0516
Fried beancurd skin prawn roll... Good! Good! too

IMG_0517
Siew Mai! Dun u think their siew mais are very pretty?!! unique!! N its like filled with prawns mainly! Fresh and yumz!

IMG_0518
Har gow.. yummy too. loads of prawns again!

IMG_0522
Yam cake & chicken feet! both i dun eat. Heard the yam was something unique.. but the chicken feet a bit salty.

IMG_0523
so-so..... not the kind i like. i think even the one i had at melbourne was nicer. The traditional cantonese kind.

IMG_0524
Some fried ramen. Din eat. heard it was so-so.

IMG_0525
egg tarts. I think china teahouse ones are nicer. My mum and aunt found it a bit too sweet.

IMG_0526
mango chicken tart... bleahz... sweet and wierd.

IMG_0527
the xiao long bao. THis dish totally spoilt it for me. The "tang" inside the xiao long bao was so oily makes me feel kinda sick. Wat a way to end my lunch!!

The dishes are rather pricey like 1 siew mai cost about $1.60 kind of price. I thot the overall bill will be costly but it turned out pretty okay. Even cheaper than if we were to eat at china teahouse. I think at china teahouse we tend to over order and we always order like the more expensive dim sum (like $6.50 per plate kind). N i had citibank 10% discount! Wee!!

I find the dimsum there are exquisite and yummy but must avoid a selected few.. esp the xiao long bao. I still like crystal jade's xiao long bao! and din tai feng's xie fen xiao long bao (din tai feng's normal one are not as nice as crystal's jade)

Went parkway after that and got myself a little treat from cedele!

IMG_0531
Chocolate banana cake! 1 of my favourite chocolate cake! yummy yumz! I think awfully chocolate not so nice nowadays. I had a slice ydae. Cake feels a bit dry.

IMG_0535
Sun dried tomato foccacia!! taking pic for fun! haven eat yet... haha!

No comments: