Sunday, August 30, 2009

Chicken Rice cum Traditional Steamboat @ Golden Mile Tower

August's makan place was simple. Guess they are still nursing their pocket from their June's expensive meal. Perhaps its also showing signs that times are bad.

I nearly gave up joining the rest this time round as I finished work rather late. They were so nice to wait for me to start dinner. They must have been famished! (It was 8.45pm by the time I reached) Turns out there were 2 others later than me! But we started dinner without them as we were unsure of the time they will arrive.


When I arrived at Golden Mile Tower, I went straight to the basement level as I told it was at B1. I scanned around.. most of the shops are closed and the place seem dead. I thot I was at the wrong place. I turned into a corner to find it entirely different. There it was.. the restaurant... bursting with tables and tables of pple digging into chix rice and steamboat. I was welcomed with a strong fragrant smell of chicken rice as I went to look for my friends admist the crowded restaurant.

IMG_2608


The moment I sat down.. food was served. Very prompt service! (think they waited very long to start serving our table.. :P) Chicken soup was poured into steamboat pot and the heat turned up.. 4 plates of veggies, 2 plates of raw mixed seafood, 1 plate of raw beef, 2 plates of chicken (1 and a half chix in all), 12 bowls of chix rice and 1 bowl of 3 raw eggs filled the table. The table was overfilled with food. Very good for hungry pple like us.

IMG_2611

IMG_2612

IMG_2621

IMG_2625

IMG_2630

IMG_2622

IMG_2632


We also had 2 plates of hainanese pork chop which I loved!!! So crispy and tasty!! However, for the rest of the food, it wasnt that fantastic.. the rice smells good.. tastewise.. normal.. the same goes for the chicken. Steamboat? still ok.. simple.. cant go wrong.. food quite fresh. We quite love the beef which was very tasty and tender. Price wise, it was reasonable. Less than $20 per person, considering all the food that we had.

The concept is very similar to Yet Con at purvis street, a place I went with my gal friends a couple of years back. (see post here). I think chicken and chicken rice wise, I think Yet Con will be better. I cant wait to go back Yet Con to try again to compare. Trying hard to convince my husband now... or maybe I should get my friends to organise a date to go back there again!

No comments: