Sunday, August 02, 2009

Seletar Hill Restaurant

Just as I thought I should eat something light and simple, my dear husband decided we should bring his mother out for something nice for Sunday lunch. We watched a TV variety show together that recommended this place. He promised his mother that he will bring her there. N he wanna fulfill that promise! Wat a filial son!

(For reviews and details: http://www.hungrygowhere.com/singapore/seletar_hill_restaurant/)


IMG_2512
Tea smoked Duck.. crispy skin and tender meat.

IMG_2514
Some brinjal thing. Everyone else say this is nicely done. I dun eat brinjal... cannot comment.. :p

IMG_2516
Fried wan tan! Kinda like it.. it taste freshly made. Pity.. think the chef trying to creative and fill each one up generously with mayo. Not everyone welcomes the mayo.. i dun mind the mayo! So i end up eating most of it.

IMG_2518
Garlic chicken. Dun taste very garlicky.. instead the sauce taste kinda tangy sweet. Meant to be an appetiser.. more like a main dish to me

IMG_2522
Claypot toufu... normal.. normal...

IMG_2528
Their famous Dong Po rou... very tender meat. But we cant help comparing it to our normal kong ba which we love although they are different. No wow factor to us.

IMG_2529
The nice soft chinese bun for the dong po rou

IMG_2532
My chinese sandwich... I still loves my mummy's Kong Ba Bao... I need my chilli!!! belachan!! cannot eat the chinese sandwich without the chilli!!!

IMG_2535
The fried rice... fragrant and not oily.. and with crisy little ikan bilis added.

IMG_2536
Chendol dessert.. $1.90 (some offer... eh.. Normal too)

IMG_2538
Mango pudding.. pretty good for a $1.90 dessert..

Will I come back again? I doubt...no dishes that entice me to...

No comments: