Sunday, August 30, 2009

Tau Huay Tarts, Tanjong Rhu Pau and the 3 Greedy Pigs!

My husband, my sister and I are like partners in crimes for FOOD! We have been doing little sinful trips (within sg.. :P) these past 2 weeks. yikes!

It all started from my craving for Tanjong Rhu pau. My husband's brother-in-law bought it back one day and got me hooked to its mini cha siew pau. I was craving for it 1 day over at my parent's hse and mentioned it to my dad. My dad was so surprised that I forgot I used to eat it all the time when I was young. He said there are so many branches around these days. He say he will bring me to the original stall to buy it. So off we go, after church to the place near old aiport road.. forgot the exact name. Turns out! It doesnt open on sunday!! Dammit! Wat a disappointment! My husband then mentioned they have 1 at geylang.. we went to geylang and found it has moved!! arghz!! wat a day that was. Due to us having other plans after that, we forgo with our pau hunting.. this leaves behind a very unsatisfied me.

Then the next week, i started to have a new craving... my good old tau huay tart. We were all lazying at my parents hse on a saturday afternoon.. then I turned to my husband and begged him to bring me to selegie to buy me my fav tau huay tart!! He agreed. My sister tagged along and told me something about mixed tau huay tart her colleague buy for her. I insisted they only come plain.. she insisted otherwise. Turns out.. they really sell mixed flavours tau huay tarts! So I bought a box of original and a box of mixed tau huay tart. My sis on the other hand went selegie beancurd stall and bought tau huay drink, tau huay, you tiao and on my request the salty crystal bun. Mind you! We jus had lunch like an hour before we left hse. Oh my! sinful!!

IMG_1811
Here are the mixed tarts I never knew existed! suaku me! haha! Auntie there said its very popular! I took 1 of the last 2 boxes.


IMG_1816
However, I dun fancy the mixed flavour tarts that much. The combi is wierd I still love my plain original tarts!

And ydae! We finally got to buy our tanjong rhu pau. This time round, after my husband had his lunch, my sis and I bugged him to bring us go buy tanjong rhu pau! haha! the poor guy! This time I finally got my pau and ate it! We had to buy a couple more boxes as my relatives are coming to visit my dad who recently had a mini op. Anyway.. the pau is really expensive! 60 cents for 1 mini pau! oh my! 3 of us were cash-strapped (why they dun take nets or credit? keke) and pooled our cash together to buy 4 boxes (1box has 10 paus) of cha siew bao and 1 mixed dao sa and leng yong bao. haha! so kelian. We still had a few dollars left and went to kallang macs drive-through to treat ourselves with milk-shakes. ANother sinful saturday.. oh my!

IMG_2634

IMG_2637
The mini 60cents addictive cha siew pau!

IMG_2641
3 mini paus! (leng youg pau and dao sa pao are 50 cents each)

IMG_2642
I m missing it already~ it was finished.... (i only had 4!!!! so small!!)

I wonder wat sinful acts will 3 of us get into again next week... haiz.. FATTY ME!

No comments: