Sunday, August 02, 2009

The Patissier.. Steamboat dinner

It has been a long while since my friends and I had steamboat dinner. We decided to have it over at my parent's place (at the lift landing) like we used to. None of us have a place big and comfy place for a steamboat. Damnz! I need to have my own place soon!!!

The occasion? It's my friend's Sherrie's bdae! We bought a cake for her from The Patissier! Earl Grey Cheesecake.. chosen by the birthday girl! I got a shock when I collected the cake! So small! 40 bucks for a 500g cake. We reckoned cheesecake tends to be denser and heavier! The cake was rich and creamy with a tinge of earl grey taste. Yummy. The birthday gal loved it! Maybe I have not always been a cheesecake person.. dun fancy it that much.. but I am aiming one of its choc cakes! I wun mind a rich chocolate cake anyday!

IMG_2464


The steamboat stock was cooked by my big chef husband this time round! He told me can use soyabean, pig bones and ikan bilis and boil for several hours can make a delicious steamboat broth. We also added some dried scallops as recommended by my mother. We simmer it for nearly 6 hours. Everyone loved the soup.. claims its yummy! haha.. we usually buy chicken stock and tom yum paste from the supermarket for our steamboat! O!

As usual.. our steamboat is always piling with food!

IMG_2468

IMG_2469

IMG_2470

IMG_2475

IMG_2477

Think I need to go on extreme diet soon!

No comments: