Monday, January 02, 2006

HK cum China trip - Part 1!

Decided to post about my short short HK trip here so my fwens can read about it. A bit off topic from my blog but i noe my fwens wun mind. Decided to split my long winded post into 2. Apologise for the lack of photos. Will upload in due time when the others upload their pics!

Day 1- Woke up at 4 plus on the first day to get ready to the airport. Took jetstar to HK. It was a crammy ride! BC and i rented the digital player to help entertain us thru the ride but we fell asleep soon after. When we reach HK, it was not as cold as the others claim. So much for me to lug my sis stopid coat. We took a bus to Gary's hse area, "Wang Jiao" there. Had dim sum!! the list of dim sum in HK restaurent is super long manz! Too bad i cant read chinese pretty well. The pple there really sit there and read newspaper while eating dim sum. Keke! We then head off to the jetty to take a ferry to CHina- ZhuHai. We ate like "Char sao" and "Sao Rou" on our way there. Keke!

WHen we reached there, it was much windier n cooler than it was in HK. Good thing Gary's mama loan me a Jacket, not as thick as my sis' but warm enuff for me. Took a bus to the place where they called "Ming Yuan". Think its a place where the Hong Kongers buy a house or an apartment to relax. I felt like i was in a show or cartoon or something. Everything is so prim and proper. The houses looks so perfect n uniform. Like a little perfect land. Dear bought me to their small lake or pond to have a walk. It sure feel relaxing. Then we had our a snack in the little hut like restaurent where we have sugarcane juice, carrot cake, some veggie and some other farnie things. All grown in the little farm they have there. We did a little touring of the area and i realise they have pple driving bugee to ferry pple ard the "village". SO cute! After touring, it was time for dinner. The RC there organised a christmas eve celebration. The place was nicely decorated with christmas lightings. But it was the most unusual christmas eve dinner i ever had! We had "Peng Chai", its a wash basin containing different layers of veggies, mushrooms, pork, chicken, fishballs and alot of others. The best part was the background was playing the instrumental Teresa Teng songs! Haha! SO wierd! There were fireworks after dinner. It was so beautiful! I have never seen fireworks so near me before! Poor nat got scared from the fireworks though and the parents and grandparents quickly brought her home and fuss over her~ keke!

Later in the nite, we went for hair wash and pedicures in a salon inside the "village". The service was good! I love the massage!! Cant afford to wash my hair like that in singapore! BC had a hair cut there! I didnt dare! Afraid i have to spend more marnee in sg to undo any damage. Keke! BC's haircut turn out fine though. My hair was so nicely blown that i feel its a waste to go back to bed! keke! Thank u Gary's mama for the hair wash and pedicures! Gary's dad look so tired after 1 day of our arrival. hehe! When it came to bedtime, i never felt so claustrophobic in all my life. The room dear n i shared is so small that it can only contain 1 bed and 1 pull out bed. The door cannot b open anymore once the pull-out bed is pulled out. I was practically stuck in a room with no ways to escape! Lucky there was a window else i will feel much worse.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Me in the perfect little world! :)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The Pond area.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Both of us by the pond.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
What greeted us when we enter "Ming Yuan"

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The main entrance of "Ming Yuan". Like some resort right?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Our nicely decorated area where we had dinner.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The "Peng Chai"

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Fireworks after dinner! My best shot at taking fireworks! I m a lousy photographer! keke!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
My Nicely blown hair! So nice and straight!

No comments: