Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Welcome 2006!

Hehe! I do know this post is kinda late but I have been busy eversince the new year started. I do hope it will not be a hard year ahead for me. I dun like to work too hard! :)

Had my new year countdown with my JC frns over at 1 of my frns, Edmund's house. It has been a while since i met up with my frns. Every1 is really busy with their life. The girls are already working and the guys are busy with school work and their girl friends. It's sure nice meeting up with old friends and go crazy together as before even though we have changed here n there throughout the years.

Yvonne and Wen min have been so kind as to plan this gathering cum countdown for all of us. They are really detailed and efficient in their planning. I am useless to plan gatherings like this. I m usually the 1 waiting to be called. Geez! Luckily, i have frns like them, else i will lose alot of them along the way.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Heres the food wat we had on our party!!


  • Pizza by wen min and weiSheng
  • SotongBalls and Fishballs by andrew i think. (seen at the top of the photo)
  • Potato wrapped prawns by Yvonne (in the middle of the photo) - really beautiful dish.
  • Cheese sausages & Mashed potatoes by Yixian (middle right of the photo)
  • Prata wrapped sausages by yiwen. (hidden in the background)
  • Fried rice kindly cooked by Junmin's mama
  • Fruit punch! by me!!
  • Konnaiku Jelly by Jorwe. ( i jus recall like i never ate this. Oppz!)

Sorry if i missed out any1 or display wrong information of who brought wat food. :)!

SOme party food ideas :

  • Prata Wrapped Sausages - Its really easy to make this at home if u dun wan to pay like $2-3 bucks for it at Taka or Carrefour. Just buy those frozen pratas, nice sausages, honey mustard and some lettuce. Pan-fry those pratas as instructed (very simple!) and cook the sausages. Wrap yr sausage with the prata with the mustard and lettuce as desired. Yummy!
  • My fruit punch - Jus cocktails fruits, Orange concerntrate n Sprit/7-up. It's quite a common cocktail.
  • Yx's simple yummy mashed potato- use instant mash potato powder. mix with canned mushrooms. Pack it in the aluminium foil container. Lay bacon and cheese as desired on top and bake it in a toaster. (she recieved loads of compliments for her simple dish)

Through the nite, we play "Asshole Daidee", took pics, watched a bit of the movie "Shutter" that was on the tv, played charades (damn! the guy were good!) and of cos welcome the new year! :)

Enjoy the pics!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
My JC fwens!! The gals! All of them are so pretty! Not to mention smart and capable too. So envious!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The guys! N my "son's" gf. So act cute this pic! Noisy and nonsensical they mite be sometimes, they are a fun bunch of guys to hang out with

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Our nice countdown Cake to welcome 2006!! I have no idea who bought this cake and from where though. But i do like the biscuit like layer in the middle of the cake. Nice!

No comments: