Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Bugis Junction basement.

Bugis Junction seems to have underwent a major revamp to cater loads of glorious food for its patrons. I was overwhelmed to find so many eateries at the basement area! They even have my favourite soup spoon there! Now i do not have to make a special trip down to city hall whenever I have a craving for soup spoon!

Most of the eateries can be commonly found in other shopping centres. Only 2 eateries interest me the most; the one selling mochis and the one selling freshly cut fries. I did manage to try out both of them.

IMG_8996

IMG_8995
Pretty pretty mochis. Each of them cost $2. (kinda expensive). I bought a box of 6 which cost $12 but they threw it a free vanilla flavoured one. Think opening promotion?

I love the chewy 'Q' mochi skin. The ice cream inside was smooth and yummy. I only manage to try out the green tea and lychee flavours. The rest I gave them away. I adore the lychee one! Yumz! but I feel i can easily satisfied my craving for mochi with the King's one which you can buy from supermart. Not great difference. Except the $2 is much bigger. Haha!

IMG_9001

IMG_8999
The freshly cut fries. I packed the fries home. I was alone and I dun really like to eat out alone. So i packed these back home. Of course, the fries are kinda soft after that. This eatery basically sells fries with different kind of dips each tagged with a nice name for it. I naturally took the cheese fries. It came with sour cream, bacon bits and of course cheese. I love cheese fries. So i kinda enjoyed the fries.

I am not sure however for the profitability of the business because it is a very simple business idea of fries and dips. I just feel its not unique enuff to keep customers coming back for it. However, the reasonable pricing makes it a good choice whenever u have a fries craving. For example, I believe my cheese fries cost about 3 bucks. If you compare it to KFC's cheese fries, its jus a few cents more and it has bacon bits!! so the price is quite competitive.

Also, they had a pretty young gal serving me that day. Very sweet smile!! She is the kind of gal you wanna bring home to show your parents! Sweet! Likeable! Pretty! Ha! I sound like a pervert! oppz!

The taiwanese xiao chi was also not bad. I had the chicken bites.

Loads more choices there now! Think I will drop by there more often now to pack food home.

No comments: