Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Christmas 2007 (with friends)

I think starhub heard my ranting and gave me my internet connection back! I can finally upload my pics! Mel.. you can stop bugging me for the pics now. Ha!

We had our annual christmas party early again this year! but its not exactly too early since christmas day is almst here!! As i missed last year's party, i am really looking forward to this year's one. My fwens were looking forward for it too! because of the sheperd's pie... Not me! GEez! Yes. Was assigned to make sheperd's pie again this year.

IMG_9078
Cute right?! I wrapped the winnie the pooh on top of my secret santa's gift!! I bought the pooh since my gift did not reach the budget yet and thot it be like a decoration piece for the pressie! I did the same thing for cyn's 21st bdae pressie! A minnie mouse holding the voucher we got her. I came up with the idea cause i thot a voucher doesnt look grand enuff for a 21st bdae gift! haha! I think i gonna wrap all my pressies with softtoys in future now!!


IMG_9076
Like my name cards? Hehe! Th jie did it for me! She is gonna do it for her dotter's coming bdae. I told her to print extras for me and we did all the name cards together! Will take pic n show how cute the cards gonna look at her dotter's bdae party! I wanted to use the name cards for my fwens to place on their pressies. Then i realise i forgot to do my own name! stopid!

Christmas 2007 003
haha! Our food looks almst the same every year! hehe! Looks little for us greedy gals! The "turkey gal" was late so the turkey was still roasting in the oven. Haha! Then 2 others were also late! so we started ahead without them.

IMG_9079
My fwen's sausages. She took the earlier pic. I like to do close up pics! Haha! See the parsley! she purposely buy so that she can take pwetti photos of her food. She is all abt the presentation.

IMG_9081
Mel's carbonara. This was suppose to be for 8 person's portion. Think can feed 16. haha!

IMG_9082
My sherperd's pie! Actually my bf's, my mum's plus me sheperd's pie! Haha! Mum showed us why our sheperd's pie always lost to her. We never cook the beef as long as her and put enuff corn starch. Thank goodness both of us got another party coming up which we can practise making it again! Haha! Sheperd pie overload!

IMG_9096
1 of our late arrival dish! Roasted baby potatoes with olive oil, garlic and herbs! Due to oven space constrain, the potatoes will have tasted even better if it was made crispier cause the skin can get a little chewy.

IMG_9097
The other late arrival dish! Salad!! Some of us were surprised to find turnip inside the salad. yx made a funny comment: " eh... you got "hei gou" (prawn paste)... i see "bang guang"(turnip)... i need "hei gou" ".... haha! (she was referring to rojak when the turnip is mixed with the sweet prawn paste).

IMG_9099
N finally... the main lead! the turkey is done! it took 2 hours odd because we keep opening and closing the oven to heat food up. Hehe!! Not bad leh the cold storage chilled turkey. I like the sauce! test like wat my mum usually make.

Besides eating, 1 of the guys bought Wii to my place. And so most of us were engrossed playing and looking at pple play. Then there was the secret santa present giving. We took so many pics the guys complain that its like prize ceremony. Haha!

After that, it was dessert time! the dessert highlight of the day was Kon's Vodka watermelon.
What exactly is vodka watermelon? I never knew until Kon mentioned it some time back. Apparently, u make some holes into the watermelon and pour vodka into it. Then let it rest for a few hours and pour more vodka in. Do it until the whole melon is filled with vodka. Interesting right?!! I am so glad he did make and bring it to the christmas party!!

Christmas 2007 037
Opening ceremony of our vodka filled watermelon!!

Christmas 2007 038
balling the watermelon! This pic was quite funny! Great pic taken by yx! mine all turned out blur!

IMG_9117
Dessert is served! I took the first ball which came from the centre of the melon. I nearly died! a ball of pure vodka! Bleahz!! then another fwen keep saying she din taste any of the vodka. In the end we realise because she keep eating those that came from the side of the melon. I told her to look out for those really mashy looking ("nua") melon balls. She did and her reaction was exactly like mine! Haha!!

But its really good when we came to the bottom of the melon. the mix of the vodka and melon was nice.


Christmas 2007 050
We ended the night with our early bird present from cold storage: Mango Logcake. I heard last yrs's chocolate logcake was much nicer.


Christmas 2007 046
Merry Christmas my dear friends!!

No comments: