Friday, December 28, 2007

Korean Restaurent - Togi

Finally, manage to try out some place new since i started on my new job. My colleague brought me to this korean restaurent called 'Togi' at Mosque Street. This colleague of mine studied Korean Language in Korea for a year plus. So the place she brought me confirm sure will be authentic korean.

DSC00013

Of course, we left the food recommendation and ordering to her. Its so interesting to see her conversing with the lady boss in korean! hehe! Dun worry! You dun have to noe how to speak korean to order. Lady boss noes english and their workers seem to mostly be from China. No language barrier there for me. heez!

DSC00016
After ordering, we were each served some clear soup and barley tea. My colleague sae the soup taste like the one she had when she was studying back in korea.

DSC00015
N of course, we were served with all the little side dishes!! the cabbage kimchi not so nice though we feel. abit sour. the rest are good!


DSC00017
This was absolutely good!!! only 10 bucks only!! its call "ttok ppok ki" in korean! its like korean 'nian gao' (rice cakes) fry with "ramen" (instant noodles to me... haha)!! Love it!! very nice!! Very filling!

DSC00019
N this!! I've heard abt this and been wanting to try it out for a long time! Its korean's cold noodles! Can you see the ice cubes in the soup?! I have seen this on 'Dynamic Korea'!
Interesting right? Have u eaten anything that is icy cold?!
I heard some colleague ate this previously and stomach cannot take it so end up having diahorrea. Oppz!
See the 3 white slices on the side? its pear! nice sweet pear! haha!

DSC00020
The noodles - closed-up view! We were sharing! heez! The soup was salty and light. You gotta add some mustard into in and it taste really nice! I dun like the beef much but the noodles were very very chewy!! ("Q")! But becareful, dun slurp in too fast! abit slippery! wait get choke! haha!
My colleague mentioned the cold noodles here not very fantastic. She had better.

DSC00018
My other colleague's bibimbap! I din eat so I cannot comment! But only 10 bucks too!! Worth it leh! Considering all the side dishes we had. Refillable somemore. Better than eating at food court where the beef is measley and so is the kimchi!!


And I end this post with a lovely pic i took of a small flower which some1 picked on the roadside for me.. Zzzz... HAHA!

DSC00012

My new hp camera not bad hor?

No comments: