Thursday, May 10, 2007

East Coast Lagoon - what's your favourite?

It has been a while since I went out with parents to have dinner at Lagoon Hawker Centre.

Because its a place i frequent since young, I never thot of blogging pics of it. Haha! I mean to me, its not somewhere new and exciting. So no point. Felt a bit boliao today and decided to snap a few pics of my favourite food there and blog it. Ha!

I know of a friend who absolutely loves the same kind of food from there like me! except the satay bee hoon though. I never had a thing for that. *wink to yx*

DSC01016
Beef Kway Teow! My absolute favourite and must-have when I m there. Of course, when the queue is darn long, i wun bother. The uncle takes too long to cook.
But he is a very clean man. He got 'A' for cleanliness wor. He really takes pride in his food. You can see from the way he arrange the beef so nicely before he put the soup and then carefully put in the spoon! haha!

DSC01017
Raw fish from the porridge stall! the porridge is good too but sorry, on diet! haha! Freaking expensive now too! 8 bucks for a few slices of fish and loads of veggie!

Suddenly recalled of the past when my grp of friends and I went East Coast in the morning to have porridge plus raw fish! its something we all like. Forgot why we were at East Coast in the first place though.. *oppz*

DSC01018
The duck rice!! Yummy yummy! this one is really good whether you eat it with rice or the porridge! I love the chilli! you must mix the watery sour chilli with the dry dark red chilli for the best combination to go with the duck! yumz!


I also adore the curry puff but uncle never open today. Sad ah! Marine parade hawker curry puff oso very nice! All my favourites since young!

Think the braised pig trotter's there oso very famous. My fwens used to adore them. I am not a 'pig trotter kind of person' so never tried it. Sold in the day.

The bad thing about being able to enjoy these food is that you got to queue for them. So its always better go early ard 6 plus 7. After that, I think you just spend time to queue for one ba. I always rush to queue my kway teow first, leaving my parents to stroll at the back. Scared the queue gets too long.

No comments: