Thursday, May 31, 2007

Hotel Gallery's Miharu Japanese restaurent

Been having this ramen craving for the longest time. It's all my friend's fault for tempting me with her stories of the many delicious ramen she had during her holiday trip to Japan. My friend recommended me to try out Miharu Japanese restaurent for really good ramen! Been dying to try this place out!

So happen after our trip to the zoo today, Gary had this craving for ramen! He was toking about some place near Robertson Quay and I suggested Hotel Gallery which we soon realise we were toking abt the same placE! THjie mentioned its too salty for her liking but nevertheless, she was sporting to go to the place because of us.

I was excited! Finally got to go try the place out! So 4 adults and little nat set out for Ramen!

The restaurent was pretty crowded during lunchtime so I was reading on the newspaper articles they had at the front of the shop. Seems like the place is quite well-known. Its like 1 of the top 50 restaurents in Singapore(SUnday Times Newspaper).

The restaurent is pretty small. You can choose to sit outside or inside. We decided to wait for our seat inside. Glad we did cause we had the platform seat! Fun! Me like small kiddo! haha!!

BC and Gary ordered the miso soupbase ramen while Th and I ordered the shoyu soupbase ramen. Apparently, Gary's and BC's order were different. Both their ramen honestly looks the same to me.

IMG_7340

IMG_7341
If you can see from the menu, there's Miso Tonikotsu and Tokusen Miso. Cant tell the difference from the pics and the english description. From the pic, it looks the same to me! BC and Gary ordered these two. WHo had what exactly, I cant remember. I wanted the special blended sho-yu at first but Gary advised me it might be too salty for first-timers. I decided to settle for the normal sho-yu.

IMG_7343
BC's ramen with extra char siew! The smell was heavenly!!! I love his soup!! Rich and Garlicky!!!!! Really salty though! BC gave me all his bamboo shoots! I feel its a bit "smelly". I never like bamboo shoot in the first place!

IMG_7345
Gary's ramen! He was ready to attack but rearranged back so as to allow me to take a pic! Haha!! DIn get to taste this so dunno wats the difference.


IMG_7346
My SHo-yu ramen!! Salty!!! But the soup base not as nice as that of the miso! :(! So sad! So I ended up kept stealing BC's soup to drink. I put laods of their specially blended pepper and chilli powder. However, i think the pepper made it even saltier! haha!! I love the way they cook their egg though! Love the soft yolk!

Anyway, we were drowning ourselves with loads of water after our meal! There is a kind of feeling on your lips when your food gets too salty. But the noodles were nice and springy! Gary commented he still comes back because he loves to relive the saltiness feeling once he forgets about it after a period of time. When he ask us if we were come back again, I was thinking, maybe not. Too Salty!!! Haha!!

I think perhaps the saltiness is due to the Ramen style from a specific region. I heard from THjie she went to some other part of japan ( i forgot!) where the ramen soup she had was sweet.

At least i tried the place out and satisfied my craving! Happy!!


Some zoo pics to share!

IMG_7305
Elephant show!

IMG_7315 IMG_7317
Elephant feeding! Look how brave nat is! Old lady me decided to join in with the kids!! Fun!!! But $5 jus to feed elephants! Kao! Oh well. For conservation!

IMG_7287
Look at the endless prams! *faint*
Lesson Learnt: Never ever go Zoo on a public holiday!!!

No comments: