Sunday, July 29, 2007

Friends & cookies! + Yx's Attempts!

My friend yx, is leaving her current workplace and decided to make some cookies as token of farewell to her current colleagues.

I told her that coconut crunch was really popular with my colleagues previously and told her to make the same! Besides, I still have loads of dehydrated coconut (thanx to wonderful mummy!) and the ingredients were all ready at my house! She had to come to my house and bake it together for she has no oven at home.

So this time I had a buddy to bake with me! Its kinda fun taking turns to cream the mixture and mix in the flour and also, rolling the dough together. Things get done faster, less tiring and you have someone to chat with.

And the aroma of freshly baked coconut crunch that fills the kitchen.... heavenly! So tempted to make a batch of it again soon! heez! I still have those dehydraterd coconut in my fridge!!

IMG_9177


Besides cookies, yx has been doing a bit of stuffs lately on her own too. I recommended her the jellyhearts and give her the recipe! Told her its really yummy and really easy! And the best part, u no need an oven! all u need is the fridge!

IMG_9041 IMG_9044

This was her first attempt. she did not have a large tray so i told her to make a smaller portion. But instead, she made the layers thicker, except for the jelly! Which is good, cause she really loves cheese! Look at her cheese layer! so much thicker than mine! I always prefer the jelly layer more! Then she commented, i shld just eat the jelly! But its different! its the overall combination! hehe!! Her sis also love the cheesecake! She mentioned her sis can eat it everyday after dinner. I do that too! Because its such a yummy light dessert! keke~ I love the person who thot of this recipe!!


IMG_9052IMG_9051
Her second attempt on the jellyhearts. She wanted to make them for her colleagues but i told her it be too messy to bring a whole tray there, messy to cut all. Told her its better if she could make them individually. See what the smart gal thot of!!! so clever!! nicely packed! very good idea if i want to give pple next time, instead of having to make 1 whole big one! & at home, i can just grab one cup everytime i feel like having a dessert! Again, if u see, she maintained her thick layer of cheese! That cheesy gal! keke!!

IMG_9054
finally, her attempts on nutella cupcakes! unfortunately, this did not go so well because she tried making them with a toaster! She had more burnt cupcakes than edible ones. But still, i think it still tasted good! N her swirls are so much prettier than mine!

No comments: