Thursday, July 19, 2007

nutella swirl cupcakes!!

I have always wanted to make those cute frosted recipe so I kept searching for the right recipe for both cupcakes & icing til i chance upon the nutella swirl cupcake on a forum. I was eyeing some chocolate frosting cupcakes at first but the gal told me it was on her sale list so she was unable to reveal the recipe. So disappointed!

This recipe was actually taken from a blog. This blog happens to belong to some1 from my secondary sch it seems. But dunno senior or junior. No idea who is she at all. But her muffins and cookies look superdly good!!! I am so gonna experiment more recipes from her blog for this recipe tasted so good!!

It was easy too! I did it in last than 2 hours! Nutella is my favourite! Absolute yumz!!! I am so glad I decided to try it out!!!

The blog:
http://thebakerwhocooks.blogspot.com/
The recipe:
http://thebakerwhocooks.blogspot.com/2005/11/hay-hay-its-donna-hay-nutella-delight.html

My process!:
(my camera batt kinda went flat on me so the pics were taken with my hp.. :( )

ABCD0011
Getting the ingredients ready!

ABCD0010
The eggs were perspiring! How cute! :)

ABCD0008
Creamed the butter & sugar until light

ABCD0007
Adding the vanilla essence after incorporating the eggs into the creamed mixture.

ABCD0006
Sifting in the flour, salt & baking soda!

ABCD0005
The final mixture! All set to be put into the paper cups

ABCD0004
Lining the muffin tray with cute paper cups! 6 star patterns, 6 blue roses pattern

ABCD0003
Tried my best to evenly distribute the mixture into the 12 cups! The cups suppose to be 3/4 full only but mine seems abit over shot!

ABCD0002
Topping each cup with nutella!!

ABCD0001
Swirl the nutella with the mixture. Think i overwhelmed the mixture with too much nutella! the cupcakes seemed to be chocolate overloaded! Not nice & pretty like that done by the blogger!! too greedy! Boo hoo!!


ABCD0019
The finished product!!! Really looks quite erxin!!! Was a bit sad when i first saw it like some faint experiment!!

ABCD0017
cooling on the cooling rack! I kept staring at it. Feeling abit sad abt how it turn out to be! But when i tasted it! All regrets were gone!! I am so gonna make this again!! hees!!

ABCD0016
Well.. i did do something that i regret now. I put my hand into the oven to poke the cupcakes with a toothpick to see if they were done, instead of pulling the tray out. The bad thing i was toking to my dad and got a bit distracted and thus ended up with a burnt! Sad!! :(

I packed haf a dozen of these cupcakes for BC's colleagues and 2 for his family! Its really hard to pack cause the chocolate keep sticking to the ziplock bags and make it kinda look disgusting! I tried to trap air in the ziplock bag to prevent the cupcakes frm smudging with the sides. Apparently, so called airtight bags aint that airtight after all.

But ying and cyn got back to me and said it was nice! I think ying loves the taste of it as much as i do!! hehe!! its sure feels good when pple compliments and loves what u bake!! I hope BC's other colleagues will love them too!!

For future easy reference, i copied the recipe over



_________________________________
Nutella Frosted Cupcakes

10 tbsp(140 grams) butter, softened
3/4 cup white sugar
3 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cups (200 grams) sifted ap flour
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
Nutella, approx. 1/3 cup

Preheat oven to 325F.Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners.

Cream together butter and sugar until light, 2 minutes.

Add in eggs one at a time, until fully incorporated. Don't worry if the batter doesn't look smooth. Add vanilla.

Stir in flour, salt and baking powder until batter is uniform and no flour remains.

Using an ice cream scoop, fill each muffin liner with batter.They should be 3/4 full, if you're not using a scoop.Top each cake with 1 1/2 tsp Nutella.

Swirl Nutella in with a toothpick, making sure to fold a bit of batter up over the nutella.

Bake for 20 minutes.

Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.Makes 12.

No comments: