Friday, July 27, 2007

Strawberry Banana muffin

BOught Strawberries the other day to make jellyhearts for BC sister. It was meant to be a surprise! But my mum reminded me later than she is in her confinement period and its better if she doesnt take any cold stuffs.

I decided to do something else with my strawberries. I went to look up strawberry shortcake pt strawberry cheesecake recipes but the recipes usually requires either whipped cream or sour cream. Pretty broke these days. SO wanted to make do with what i have at hand.

Found a strawberry banana muffin recipe! It looks pretty good and I have all the ingredients. Also, I haven done muffins before! Always been baking cupcakes! hees!

Recipe: http://www.joyofbaking.com/muffins/StrawberryBananaMuffins.html

IMG_7744
Cant seem to get really good strawberries from my nearby NTUC.

IMG_7746
Chopped up strawberries!

IMG_7747
My sifted flour mixture

IMG_7748
Melting the butter.

IMG_7751
my mashed up bananas!

IMG_7752
Getting ready the wet ingredients

IMG_7753
The wet mixture - whisked

IMG_7755
Adding the melted butter to the mixture.

IMG_7757
Mixing the chopped strawberries in the flour mixture

IMG_7761
the Final muffin mixture

IMG_7768
My end product.

IMG_7772
Devouring the muffin!

The muffin smells really good. But like my mum said, she feel she cant the taste of the bananas nor the strawberries is strong enuff.
I dunno if i did not do a good job or that the recipe is not suitable for our taste buds.
I am suddenly thinking of nutella cupcakes again.
The second batch was dry.. feel like doing that again! heeS!

No comments: