Tuesday, July 10, 2007

My Sheperd's pie!

I decided to make sheperd's pie all my own! Right from scratch! Went shopping for the ingredients in the afternoon and boy, was it heavy. I should honestly learn to drive again and that will make things so much easier!

Preparing the ingredients is the hardest part!! all the chopping!! Boy! its tiring!! the onions killed me! I was tearing the whole time i was chopping them and they were badly done! I need to go for some chopping classes manz! Cooking Mama game doesnt help at all! haha!! Jus the onions alone took me a whole david garett cd! Useless me! Then i got to dice the carrot, celery and mushroom! Hard work!

IMG_7606
See all badly chopped my ingredients end up in my hand.

Next step! mashed potatoes!! My expertise! I have always been handling with the potatoes. hees!
IMG_7609 IMG_7610
Cooked potatoes all ready to be mashed!!!

IMG_7611
mashed potatoes with butter, pepper, salt and milk!!

IMG_7613
My cooked minced beef!!! I was cooking it all on my own till the end product seem to watery. Jus nice my mum came home in time, decided she needs to play a part to salvage this. It seems the beef that i bought was not so good because there was no beef taste in my ingredients. My mum managed to thicken it and then added some taste using oyster sauce.

IMG_7616
The finished product!!! All ready to be baked in oven!!

It might not as be good as my mum's but i think it was still reasonably edible. Of course, credit to my mum's help with the beef. The potato seem to be a bit dry though but still taste kinda good.

No comments: