Thursday, July 05, 2007

My Jellyhearts!

Been looking for a baked cheesecake recipe but could not find a suitable one. Most of them uses like 5pkts of philadelphia cheese! Hell! I am broke! N its too expensive if i fail it. Does anyone have a good baked cheesecake recipe?

Anyway, decided to make jellyhearts instead! TH jie first introduced me to jellyhearts last year! They were the prettiest!! I was searching online and found a nice of jellyhearts from someone's blog!!

http://freakingfabulous.blogspot.com/2006/04/strawberry-jellyhearts.html

Been helping TH jie to make them for several occasions. This time i took her recipe and make it all on my own!! Not as pretty though. Always wonder how the lady who made jellyhearts with distinct nice layers and cut them so prettily! Cause we always have a problem with the layers and also cutting them so neat and nice!

Here goes....

IMG_7502
Making the biscuit crust.


IMG_7506
Cutting the strawberries! Did not have the cookie cutter to cut them into tiny hearts. hehe!

IMG_7508
Gelatin & sugar syrup

IMG_7510
Creaming the cream cheese & vanilla essence.

IMG_7514
The cheese mixture (creamed cheese & sugar syrup) & the biscuit crust(chilled)!

IMG_7518
Poured cheese mixture on the biscuit crust. Lay the cut strawberries on top of the cheese mixture. Not very pretty but still looks pretty good.


IMG_7520
2 hours later, its time to prepare the jelly layer! I love this part the best! So fragrant & yummy!!!

IMG_7523
Pouring in the jelly mixture. But the tray was too shallow and the jelly mixture seems too much. Din manage to pour it all in.
Getting the tray back into the fridge was a big mess! the cling wrap din cling the tray quite well and kinda dip into the mixture. It was quite bad! I know it will turn pretty the next day!

IMG_7525
The end product!The layers were quite distinct! But the top din turn out pretty due to the cling wrap! N such a thin layer of jelly!!! Boohoo!! I like a thick layer of jelly!!

IMG_7528
Dig in!! Still yummy!! but more jelly will make it even more delicious! hehe!!

2 comments:

veronica said...

hey i got a few food/baking blog/webby... remember to ask from me... hee...

natnat's mom said...

Hey Hey, why you never bring some for me to eat! I was waiting you know!!!

Too lazy to do it on my own.. and ur jellyhearts look thousand times better than mine. I know my prob now, I don't know how to cream cheese and vanila essence together. Ha Ha.. I always boil them!