Thursday, November 01, 2007

Mum's chicken curry!

Some1 challenged me to learn cooking! Loads of dishes to learn! Chicken curry was 1 of the item on the list. Told my mama like ages ago to teach me her different specialities! But i never seem to be home enuff for her to teach me. Besides, mum is so much more happening these days than me. Always going to different kind of meetings after work. Haha!

I am so dead! My deadline is nearing! Yikes! Loads of more dishes to learn. Took some photos to remind me of the steps.

IMG_8816
First fry the potatoes to golden brown.

IMG_8817
The spices!

IMG_8818
Fry the spice fragrant and then the curry leaves.

IMG_8820
Fry the onions till fragrant. Then add the home made chilli paste(from dried chillis).

IMG_8822
meanwhile make a paste with curry powder and water.

IMG_8826
add the paste and fry. Then chicken and stir-fry!

IMG_8827
Add the coconut slowly in spoonfuls and continue to stir fry.

IMG_8829
Add water till it covers chicken. Bring it to a boil.

IMG_8833
When the chicken is almost cook, then add the fried potatos.

IMG_8835
when the curry is almost ready, add in cut tomatos and curry leaves. Boil a little longer! and the currey is ready! So pretty!

Is this the way you or your mum cook curry too? Seems like different family have different ways of cooking their chicken curry. My mum's curry is always changing. She likes to experiment alot! she stay this cooking way is more of indian style. The nonya one will consist of more coconut milk. Think mum barely cooks nonya style one. so whats yrs?

It's hard to get exact measurements from mother's. They cook by years of experience kind. Everything is estimated. I think i will need loads of mum's guidance before i am ready! Yikes! running out of time! My sheperd's pie until now still cant b compared to hers. ha!

No comments: